CJ Hughes Construction, Inc. – Logan, WV
C.J. Hughes is currently seeking an experienced Gas Distribution Heavy Equipment Operator for the Logan, WV area. In this position, the successful candidate will be responsible for operating heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner. Heavy equipment may include large and small excavators, dozers, skid steers, etc., and other pieces of equipment. The Operator must operate and maintain heavy motorized equipment used in earth moving in a safe and efficient manner, including in town and hill work, and any other duties as required. This position also requires working in extreme weather conditions while performing a substantial amount of intense physical labor. The successful candidate for this position is subject to overnight stays and working overtime, as required. Passing and maintaining OQ training/testing is required for this position.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Highly Proficient in operating heavy power-driven equipment, including dozers, excavators, and other pieces of heavy equipment.
- Working skills and knowledge of pipeline construction and maintenance techniques.
- Working skills and knowledge of trenching, earthmoving and compaction techniques.
- Working skills and knowledge of grades and blueprints.
- Must pass and maintain all required operator tests and operator qualifications
- Must be able to work independently and as a crew member
- Knowledge of underground utilities and locator markings
- Skill to operate equipment in close proximity to workers and underground utilities
- Ability to think clearly no matter the stress or difficulty of your circumstances
- Possess a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
- Ability and commitment to working safely
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with acceptable MVR, as well as dependable transportation
- Must pass pre-employment screening, including drug screening, MVR, and provide 2 forms of I.D. required for I-9 authorization
- Must be able to work out of town and work overtime as required, even overnight
- High School Diploma or GED (preferred)
- Working knowledge of grades and blueprints.
- Pre and Post Hire – Must pass and maintain all required certifications, operator qualifications, and/or any other required tests
CJ Hughes is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetics, disability or protected veteran status.