CJ Hughes is looking for an experience pipelayer for the water and sewer department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor at construction project sites.
- Placement/Connection of water piping on water projects (Example 3’-8’ trench depth)
- Direct and/or work with the lead excavator operator on trench excavation
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed. Bring any concerns to the attention of the project Foreman, Superintendent, or management.
- Must have experience in placement/connection of PVC & Ductile Iron piping and
- Mechanical Joint Fittings. (Typically, 2” – 24” Sizes. Can be larger diameter at times).
- Must have experience in hydrostatic testing and disinfection of waterlines.
- Always maintain a clean job site. Pick up all material, tools, and small equipment and secure job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards.
- Assist in identifying and ensuring that any underground and overhead utilities have been located/exposed prior to excavating.
- Review trenching requirements with Superintendent and ensure any required protection is available.
- Keep project Foreman, or Superintendent informed of known actions, written or verbal, which may affect the ability to successfully perform tasks at construction project sites or adversely affect Company operations.
- Satisfactory Pre-employment drug screening
- 1-2 Years’ experience in placing water piping on water projects
- CDL License preferred
- Provide US work authorization documents for I-9 form
- MVR satisfying Company Fleet Vehicle Policy requirements
- Satisfactory Criminal History Check (if required by customer)
CJ Hughes is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetics, disability or protected veteran status.